Mindful Mending Workshop - BROOKLINE
Join instructor Michèle Fandel Bonner to learn a few simple mending techniques: outer patch, inner patch and, darning. We will spend time slowing down and enjoying the process.
Mending involves slowing down, hand sewing, and appreciating what you have. The very act of stitching is meditative, pleasurable and endlessly creative. Not only do you keep the clothing out of the waste stream, you are taking a stand against fast fashion and wasteful consumption. Using visible, (and somewhat invisible) mending, you will make your garment usable again, unique, and keep it out of the landfill.
Saturday October 15th 12:00pm-2:00pm
Age: 14 yrs of age or older
- A favorite well worn garment or two, such as jeans, denim jacket, woven shirt, knit sweater and even socks!
- A willingness to leave perfection behind!
Optional but recommended materials:
- Fine yarn (if mending a sweater)
- Small scraps of your favorite fabric (we will have additional fabric scraps available)
- Sew on patches
- Anything you might want to add to the garment
- Thimble if you use one
We need at least four sign ups to run our classes. If a class does not receive four sign ups we will notify you and the start date will either be pushed back or you will be refunded.