Protective Face Masks FAQs and Information
Adult one-size-fits-all masks made with 100% woven cotton fabric and elastic straps. Double layered and reversible.
- Do fabric masks work? These masks are not intended for filtration, but rather to slow the spread of COVID-19. "The CDC is advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others." See the CDC recommendation here.
- I cannot add masks to my cart. Is something wrong with the website? No. Due to high demand, Hipstitch is making our cloth Facial Masks and Kits as quickly as we can. In order to avoid unfulfilled orders, the site will not accept new orders until we have the inventory. We are updating the site throughout the day, so please, do check back regularly - and we appreciate your patience!
- Is there sizing customization? No. The masks are considered one-size-fits-all. The pleated design allows for variation in mask height when wearing, and the elasticated straps allow for variable length.
- What about child sizes? We are working on a one-size-fits-all child version that should be available in the coming days. Please check back soon. For now, we have children's masks available for purchase as sew-your-own kits here.
- Is there color customization? No. There has been an overwhelming response to these masks and the mask kits, so we are no longer able to accommodate any specific requests regarding fabric colors or patterns.
- How can I modify or cancel my order? Due to the volume of orders, we can no longer devote the time to making changes to individual orders made in error, therefore all mask orders will be considered final sale. Please be sure to double-check your cart and order before submitting. Thank you for your understanding.
- What are the washing/care instructions? The fabric is 100% cotton, and therefore prone to shrinkage. We recommend washing on a gentle cycle with cool water, and hanging to dry.
- Can I place my order and pick it up curbside at Hipstitch? No. The State has made difficult decisions that we must abide by to protect our staff and our customers. Shipping your order reduces the in-person contact during this emergency. All orders will be shipped within 4-6 days of order placement.