Join Our Team!
Interested in joining our team? We would love to have you! Email any of our studios with your resume.
Part-time and full-time hand and machine sewing, knitting, and crochet instructor positions available. A car is required for our full time position. Send inquiries & resumes to:
Hipstitch has a range of internship opportunities with a special focus on business / marketing, education, or fashion design.
We are also happy to work with applicants who are interested in a different focal area. If you are interested in a different focal area, please reach out and tell us what that area is, and how you think Hipstitch can facilitate your study in that area.
Each internship opportunity will have a focal area which corresponds with the interns educational goals. Interns will also assist in the daily running of our studio which will include activities such as: preparing projects, instructing students at our classes and camps, creating and testing prototypes for kid appropriate projects as well as clothing patterns for children and adults.
We have internship opportunities available for the fall, winter, spring, and summer with flexible start and end dates. Schedule will be determined prior to the start of the internship based on the intern’s course schedule and/or prior commitments.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Interns will be expected to commit to at least 5-7 hours per week with the possibility of occasional evening or weekend hours.
Interns who successfully complete the program may request a letter of recommendation, may receive an offer for future employment with Hipstitch, and/or may receive internship credit from their college/university.
Business / Marketing:
- Learning about the business and how we operate currently.
- Suggesting changes to our business strategy, and if approved implementing those changes and evaluating their efficacy.
- Developing marketing strategies to attract new client groups to Hipstitch.
- Working hands on with our students by teaching machine sewing, hand sewing, knitting or crochet classes.
- Creating beginner sewing patterns to be used by our students in a range of sizes.
- Constructing garments based on original designs and photographing them for promotional and educational materials.
- Introducing fashion students to the world of design through sketches, mood boards and creating a collection.
- Instructing fashion students on construction methods to create their collection from concept to presentation, with positive feedback and encouragement.
- Learning our teaching methods and techniques. Providing feedback on class instruction and suggesting new teaching methods.
- Implementing approved teaching methods into class curriculum.
- Instructing basic sewing or crafting to students at our studio.
Send inquires & resumes to:
Newton firstname.lastname@example.orgWellesley email@example.com