Please take a moment to look over our policies. These policies help us to maintain an organized, peaceful, and positive experience for all customers.
- COVID-19 health questionnaires must be filled out by a parent or guardian daily before drop-off. These will be sent out via an email after you register your child for a session.
- If a child begins to exhibit any COVID symptoms during the day, we will isolate that child and contact the parent/caregiver to come and pick them up immediately.
- Everyone must wash their hands when entering the studio. We have hand sanitizer throughout the studio and require frequent hand washing prior to and after snacks and lunch.
- Our team will disinfect & clean surfaces, tools, and other high trafficked areas throughout the day.
- Inclement Weather Closures Policy: In the event that Hipstitch cancels a class or camp due to inclement weather, parents will be notified by email or phone 1.5 hours prior to the start time. If a one-time camp is canceled, credits will be issued. If a recurring class is canceled, a makeup class will be scheduled.
- Class Refund/ Make-Up Policy: No refunds or make ups are given for classes if you can not attend.
BIRTHDAY PARTY POLICY:
- Birthday Party Policy Refund Policy: Once you reserve a birthday party and pay the deposit there are NO refunds, unless we can fill the spot. We will however try to accommodate you and change the date if we have availability.
- Camp Days/Weeks Make-Up Policy: Hipstitch does not offer make-up days or refunds for missed camp days or weeks. If a participant is absent from a camp day/week, the tuition for the camp day/week is forfeited.
Absences due to COVID will be treated like absences from any other illness. As in pre-COVID years, refunds will not be given for any days missed for illness or quarantine.
The families who join us for Summer 2023 are those who feel strongly that the benefits of their children being in a camp situation outweigh the potential health risks associated with COVID-19.
- Snacks/Lunch Policy: Morning camp sessions include a snack break and a lunch break. Afternoon camp sessions include a snack break. Full day camp sessions overlap the two, therefore including two snack breaks and a lunch break. Participants are responsible for bringing food and water for these breaks*. Please DO NOT pack food containing peanuts or tree nuts.
- *At our Newton studio participants may bring a combination of food and/or money for these breaks. Packers stay at the studio to eat, while Buyers walk with staff members to a pizza shop to purchase food.
- Early Drop Off/Late Pick-Up Policy: For your convenience, Hipstitch offers registration for early drop-off and/or late pick up. Standard camp days run from 9 AM to 4 PM, and can be extended, with registration, to as early as 8 AM and as late as 5 PM. As a courtesy, Hipstitch extends a 15 minute "grace period" beyond the participant's registered time, providing that time is earlier than 5 PM. (For example: If your child is registered until 4 PM, and you arrive at 4:10, you will not be asked to pay for a 1/2 Hour Late Pick Up.) After 5PM, Hipstitch will extend only a 5 minute "grace period". For every 5 minutes beyond this, an additional $10 Late Fee will be applied.
We believe that, above all else, sewing and crafts should be fun for both the students and the teachers. We've created a beautiful and fun environment where students of all ages can feel comfortable expressing creativity, meeting new friends, and creating memories that will last a lifetime.