Fashion Design - BROOKLINE
This 6-week course will provide students with a peek into the world of a professional Fashion Designer!
For children ages 7-16, Fashion Design is a course created by a Parsons School of Design Alumna, and is a perfect fit for students who:
- Students of all experience levels (we will teach you!)
- Has a creative flair and deep interest in fashion design
- Interested in learning a new skill
- Wants to learn how to pull inspiration, illustrate fashion croquis, and sew using a pattern
Week 1: Introduce one another, watch two fashion shows with different styles, discuss what inspiration is and where it can be sourced, learn about what a mood board is and begin working on our own mood boards.
Week 2: Finish mood boards, making color swatch cards, naming collections, making a customer profile, and learning how to pull inspiration from mood boards and colors.
Week 3: Learning the basics of designing with a fashion croquis as a group, making quick sketches inspired by mood boards, and working on colored and more finalized versions of the designs.
Week 4: Designing more simplified versions of the garments that can be sewn, sewing machine demonstration, measuring, starting pattern drafting, and discussing fabric options.
Week 5: Finalize sewing patterns, cutting patterns using intended fabric, and begin sewing.
Week 6: Finish sewing and final garment construction! Final Presentation.
Next session:Each session is $350 and lasts 6-weeks with the *fixed* start date, unfortunately we cannot provide any makeup classes.
- Friday September 23rd 2022 - October 28th 2022 2.00pm-4.00pm and 4.00pm-6.00pm
Saturday September 24th 2022 - November 5th 2022 10.00am-12.00pm (No class 10/15)
- Friday November 4th 2022 -January 6th 2022 2.00pm-4.00pm and 4.00pm-6.00pm (No class 11/11 due to Veterans Day and no class 11/25 due to Thanksgiving or 12/23 and 12/30 due to Winter Break)
- Saturday November 19th 2022 - January 14th 2023 10.00am-12.00pm (No Class 11/25 due to Thanksgiving and 12/24, 12/31 due to Winter Break)
- Friday January 13th 2023 - February 17th 2023 2.00pm-4.00pm and 4.00pm-6.00pm
- Saturday January 21st 2023 - March 4th 2023 10.00am-12.00pm (No class 2/18 due to Winter Break)
- Friday March 3rd 2023 - April 7th 2023 2.00pm-4.00pm and 4.00pm-6.00pm
- Saturday March 11th 2023 - April 29th 2023 10.00am-12.00pm (No Class 4/14 and 4/23 due to April Break)
- Friday April 28th 2023 - June 2nd 2023 2.00pm-4.00pm and 4.00pm-6.00pm
Saturday May 6th 2023 - June 17th 2023 10.00am-12.00pm (No class on 5/27 due to Memorial Day)