Fashion Design - WELLESLEY
This 6-week course will provide students with a peek into the world of a professional Fashion Designer!
For children ages 7-16, Junior Fashion Design is a course created by a Parsons School of Design Alumna, and is a perfect fit for students who:
- Students of all experience levels (we will teach you!)
- Has a creative flair and deep interest in fashion design
- Interested in learning a new skill
- Wants to learn how to pull inspiration, illustrate fashion croquis, and sew using a pattern
Week 1: Introduce one another, watch two fashion shows with different styles, discuss what inspiration is and where it can be sourced, learn about what a mood board is and begin working on our own mood boards.
Week 2: Finish mood boards, making color swatch cards, naming collections, making a customer profile, and learning how to pull inspiration from mood boards and colors.
Week 3: Learning the basics of designing with a fashion croquis as a group, making quick sketches inspired by mood boards, and working on colored and more finalized versions of the designs.
Week 4: Designing more simplified versions of the garments that can be sewn, sewing machine demonstration, measuring, starting pattern drafting, and discussing fabric options.
Week 5: Finalize sewing patterns, cutting patterns using intended fabric, and begin sewing.
Week 6: Finish sewing and final garment construction!
Each session is $350 and lasts 6-weeks with the *fixed* start date, unfortunately we cannot provide any makeup classes.
- Wednesday September 14th 2022 - Wednesday October 26th 2022 (No class 10/5 due to Yom Kippur)
- Saturday September 17th 2022 - October 29th 2022 (No class 10/8 due to Indeginous Peoples weekend)
- Wednesday November 2nd 2022 - December 14th 2022 (No class 11/23 due to Thanksgiving)
- Saturday November 5th 2022 - December 17th 2022 (No Class 11/25 due to Thanksgiving)
- Wednesday January 4th 2023 - February 8th 2023
- Saturday January 7th 2023 - February 11th 2023
- Wednesday February 15th 2023 - March 29th 2023 (No class 2/22 due to winter break)
- Saturday March 4th 2023-April 8th 2023
- Wednesday April 5th 2023-May 17th 2023 (No class 4/19 due to April break)
- Saturday April 8th 2023- June 3rd 2023 (No class on 4/15 or 4/22 due to April break 5/27 due to Memorial Day)