Fashion Design - WELLESLEY
This 6-week course will provide students with a peek into the world of a professional Fashion Designer!
For children ages 7-16, Junior Fashion Design is a course created by a Parsons School of Design Alumna, and is a perfect fit for students who:
- Students of all experience levels (we will teach you!)
- Has a creative flair and deep interest in fashion design
- Interested in learning a new skill
- Wants to learn how to pull inspiration, illustrate fashion croquis, and sew using a pattern
Week 1: Introduce one another, watch two fashion shows with different styles, discuss what inspiration is and where it can be sourced, learn about what a mood board is and begin working on our own mood boards.
Week 2: Finish mood boards, making color swatch cards, naming collections, making a customer profile, and learning how to pull inspiration from mood boards and colors.
Week 3: Learning the basics of designing with a fashion croquis as a group, making quick sketches inspired by mood boards, and working on colored and more finalized versions of the designs.
Week 4: Designing more simplified versions of the garments that can be sewn, sewing machine demonstration, measuring, starting pattern drafting, and discussing fabric options.
Week 5: Finalize sewing patterns, cutting patterns using intended fabric, and begin sewing.
Week 6: Finish sewing and final garment construction!
Each session is $350 and lasts 6-weeks with the *fixed* start date, unfortunately we cannot provide any makeup classes.
- Thursday September 14th -October 19th 2023
- Friday September 15th-October 20th 2023
- Saturday September 16th-October 21st 2023